Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Page-Turner Update: Year of Fog

I don't think it is a spoiler to tell you that I am halfway through the book and Emma, the missing kid, is still missing. Hmm....Year of Fog...title should have given it away.

So far, Year of Fog is well-written, engaging, and....realistic. It is entirely possible that I will finish the book and Emma will not be found. After all, in real life kids go missing and no one ever learns what happened to them.

Trivial pursuit (and poor marketing): Year of Fog references a (fictional) web site, findemma.com, set up to enable two-way communication with the public about the missing Emma. So I typed it into my web browser and whaddya know....it's a dead link! You'd think Bantam Dell Publishing could have at least bought the URL to promote the book or its author, Michelle Richmond.